A couple of days ago I let the kids make a tremendous mess as they finger painted with chocolate pudding. They both had so much fun. At first they thought that I was out of my mind as I encouraged them to get their hands dirty and paints. Although it didn't take much convincing.
BEFORE: Notice how nice and clean both children are, as are the walls behind them.
Why paint the paper when I could paint ME? Hazel sure got a kick out of smearing it on her hair. I think she had as much pudding on her as the paper had on it.
AFTER: My once clean children are covered in chocolate, and so are the walls, floor, & stools. What a mess!!! All the laughs and giggles that came from the kitchen were worth every ounce of scrubbing that I had to do. They kids even cleaned up just like new after a bath.
Tah-Dah!
7 comments:
That's so awesome. Why go with paint in the first place when you know your child is going to eat it?
You are so much braver than me. Reese makes a mess while eating and Court and I have a nervous break down. Your kids are going to remeber all these fun things that you do with them.
Tricia
You are sooooo much cooler than me :) My kids are going to wish they lived at your house :)
Alison C
You are such a fun mom. I would totally steal this idea from you but Logan's a little particular about things touching his hands.
I really hope I can be as good a mom as you are. That is such a fantastic idea! (Though I think Jason might have an Aneurism from the mess)
Hey that sounds like fun!! I bet the bath water was yummy to drink too!hahahaha!! My kids drink bath water all the time and it drives me crazy, maybe it wouldn't if it was chocolate bath water!! I will have to steal your idea...I think I have some chocolate pudding we can mix up!! I need more ideas like this to do with Annie and Ben so that they aren't always watching TV! Love you Becky!!
wow, you are a good mom, I dont think I'd have the guts to do that! But hey, they had fun!
Post a Comment