Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Hazel Nut!


Hazel just turned 2 years old. She has grown up so much, it is amazing to think that just two years ago this little princess joined our family. She is my little doll, the apple of her Daddy's eye, and the number one fan of her older brother. Not to mention that she has both of her Gwampas wrapped around her finger. Hazel is a very affectionate little girl. She is willing to give hugs and kisses to anyone. She is also quite the little talker. She has such a large vocabulary it is almost astounding to hear some of the words that come out of her mouth. She has just about learned all of her colors now and gets really upset when I give her the wrong color of straw or bowl. "No no no no. . . I want the pink bowl." She is quite the little artist and loves to color and draw all the time. Every time she sees a pen or piece of paper she quickly lays down on the floor on her tummy to draw. We are so blessed to have Hazel in our family. Here is how we celebrated her birthday.


As soon as she woke up we put on her Happy Birthday hat. She didn't take any encouragement to open present. She jumped right in and started ripping paper off. When she finished with one present she would put it aside and jump to her next one. After all the presents were opened she came right over to me, put her face right next to mine and said, "Want more presents Mommy."



Here she is with all of her birthday loot.






While Daddy went to the Priesthood session of conference we got a pizza and ate it in the basement while we watched The Wizard of Oz.






Andrew started a tradition last year when she turned one. He said that he thought he should be the first person to ever give her flowers. So he decided that every year on her birthday he was going to give her roses for the age that she is. So here he is when he came home from the meeting with two roses for her second birthday.






Since Andrew is allergic to milk and eggs it makes birthday cakes kind of tricky. So here Hazel's rice crispy treat castle birthday cake. I know it is not all that cute, but hey Daddy could actually enjoy it with us.











Last weekend when we went to Rexburg we did a little bit of a celebration with all the family up there. Hazel had requested a "monkey cake" for her birthday. I made her a birthday cake while we where there to share with the rest of the family.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, she is is so cute. I can't believe she's that big. I hate missing these events that we use to be able to go to all the time. I love Andrew's tradition, so sweet. I might have to swap the idea and encourage Brandon to do it. The rice crispie cake looked great, and she looked happy to be eating it. Give your family a hug from us. We love you guys.

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Hazel! The monkey cake turned out so cute. Glad to see that you are on the ball and have already posted the dino park. I'll get to it eventually :)

Jules said...

Hey Becky!
I was excited to find your blog when I was out checking up on Angela's family. I hope that you don't mind me snooping. I was hoping to find you and get back in touch. You could take a peek into my life at www.brettpackfamily.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear from you and do some catching up!
your cousin, Julie

Just Only Me said...

Happy Birthday! She's so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy and give her flowers on her special day! She's absolutely adorable. Kiss her from her cousins!

Anonymous said...

What a princess!! Where did you ever find that birthday hat? That is the cutest thing ever! The flower tradition will be priceless!! I've got to write to you about my mice (there have been several) experiences. One in particular was much like yours. On one dreadful day I did actually duct tape the bottom of the utility room door so that the mouse was sort of trapped! That is what I thought anyway! Love ya!!

susan said...

I'm so dumb! The anonymous comment was from me. I checked the wrong circle. Sorry!!

Emily said...

Andrew,
I hope you get this comment. I was so excited to see your post on my blog. Yes, it's Em Nye. Although how long has it been since someone called me that. You have a beautiful family. Especially your daughter. It makes me (almost) want to have another baby and try for a girl. But I guess I was meant to be a mother of boys. Looks like you guys had a fun b-day celebration. I feel so bad we lost touch after graduation. email me sometime and we'll catch up. So great to hear from you after all these years. Keep in touch.

Yorgasons said...

I thought of her that day!! I can't believe Ben and Hazel are two so crazy!! Ok Becky she is sooooo cute!!! Those dark big eyes...you know I am jealous!! I LOVED the rice crispie castle cake!! That is such a good idea!! And the idea of Andrews to be the first to give her flowers!! That is the cutest idea!! I wish we could of been there to celebrate it with you!! She is going to love that Castle. Annie has it and played with it for hours and hours!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAZEL!!!
Love ya! Lisa

The Church's said...

Happy Birthday Hazel.. Sorry I have birthdays all in my phone to remind me but obviously I didn't get it, or I would have called. It looks like she had a good one though. Cant wait to see you guys next week.
Love
The Churchez

The McEwans said...

She is T-H-E-E cutest little thing EVER!!! I love the flower idea and am copying! Thanks!

Ice Cream said...

Rice Crispies ROCK! I'd rather have those over regular birthday cake anyday.

BTW, I'm Liz. I met you at Eric Jensen's open house in Rexburg. I'm glad you guys have a blog as I'm a little better at blogging than I am at using facebook.