Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Kimball!

Kimball was were born on February 1, 2004 at 7:38 in the morning. He weighed 6 lbs 3 oz. It was Superbowl Sunday. Now when we tell him that he was born on Superbowl Sunday he says in this deep voice, "yeah Dad give me five that is awesome."

(This picture was taken about 3 minutes after he was born. Interestingly his mouth still is crooked like that when he cries.)


I never knew before that day that the human heart could feel that much joy. I just kept thinking "Wow, Heavenly Father loves me so much that he would allow me to be this happy." Then I remember being totally shocked when I realized that all parents love their children just as much as I love my boy. I always heard my parents say, "You will never know how much your parents love you until you have a child of your own." I had never understood it until that precious moment when I first layed eyes on you. It was love at first sight! I will never forget how Daddy looked at that very second. He had tears in his eyes and could hardly talk.

Kimball, you are growing so fast, and you are so smart. We are so proud that you became a member of our family 5 years ago! Daddy and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for you in our lives. We love you so much Buddy! Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happpy Birthday Kimball. I love the very last picture on there, that's when we met him. What a little cutie. Hope he had a great day. Love you guys.

Yorgasons said...

Oh that last picture is priceless!! What a handsome boy!!! Happy Birthday Kimball!!! Sorry I didn't get anything sent off it has been crazy around here!! Let him know that we love him and miss him and wish him a very happy Birthday!!! Man I can't believe he is five!! Off to kindergarten he goes right?

Alicia Archibald said...

Wow kimball was so small. He was so cute! Now I look at him and see how big and much fun he is. I love you guys. I hope you are feeling better after your shots Kimball... Paco, or should I say PACO BEAN!!