Sunday, May 31, 2009

Excited & Overwhelmed

Today I was put in as the Young Women President in our ward. I have to admit that I am both very excited for this new calling and somewhat overwhelmed. For the last year I have been a primary teacher. I love primary and being with the children each week. I will miss being part of the primary, but I am looking forward to working with the amazing young ladies in our ward.

I am also very fortunate to be working with some outstanding women as my counselors and secretary. I have so much to learn for all of them!

10 comments:

Connie said...

You'll do great! I think the best thing to remember is that besides your counselors and secretary there is one more member of your presidency and He is really the one in charge. If you always counsel with Him together, it may not always run as smooth as silk but it will be OK.

amelia said...

I'm pumped! You are going to be such an awesome president. And we will have a blast. Have fun on your vacation!!

Kim said...

You'll do great Becky. You're a natural teacher and a lot of fun to be with, the girls will love you.

Brandi said...

Oh Becky, Congratulations. You will be amazing. You always have had such an amazing personality and you have the faith to believe. Im excited for all the experiences that will come your way over the next few years. Good Luck!

Liz said...

Wow! Congrats! That's a huge load. The youth of the church need good people like you as their role models. You will do a great job.

Yorgasons said...

Becky you will do great!! I know it!! You will have so much fun too! I will be heading to Utah in July I hope to be able to see you but it is always crazy!! So as the time comes nearer and I know exactly what my parents are doing I will let you know! I really want to see you guys!! I can't wait to get Annie and Kimball together again!! Love ya!

mallena said...

I bet the young women are going to ADORE you! I always loved the younger ladies that were in young womens. They seemed so much more approachable. You are the coolest person ever so they are REALLY going to love you!

Melanie said...

You are going to be awesome!! Funny thing is that is my calling as well! LOL! It's a wonderful experience with highs and lows, but it is fun. Things sure have changed since I was there!!

All about the Snow's said...

Becky I think you will be a great YW President! That calling comes with huge responsibities and a ton of work, but I think you will be a natural.

Shelley Bowman said...

AHHHH I think I'd have passed out in the bishops office! I'm glad it's you and not me :) You'll do so good I'm excited for you to have some new and fun experiences!