Here is the invitation. I used my stove to burn all the paper to make it looked aged. I almost burned my kitchen down.
Everyone was assigned a character to dress up as. Upon arrival the guests collected their wands, name tags, and stickers to identify the house they belong to. (I made 32 wands our of dowels covered in brown salt clay. However, to dry them I would set them outside in the sun. . . they looked like long poops sitting on cookie sheets.)
The food included:
The food included:
- Order of the Phoenix Pizza
- Mandrake leaf salad with Acromantuala Venom (Poppy seed dressing)
- Butter Beer (bottled root beer, apple beer, cream soda, & black cherry- all served in a huge ice filled cauldron)
- Cauldron Cakes (round veggi chips)
- Gummy Spiders
- Gummy Frogs
- Gummy Worms
- Chocolate Wands (chocolate dipped giant pretzels)
- Chocolate Golden Snitches (Bon Bons)
- Crumpled-Horned Snorkacks (Bugles)
- Mandrake Root (dried papaya)
- Marvolo Gaunt Candy Rings
- Weasley Trick Candy (Pop Rocks)
- Dry Fluffy Food (Rice cracker mix)
- Licorice Wands
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
- Pumpkin Juice (pumpkin milk shakes)
Lucius Malfoy
Cho Chang, Harry Potter, Prof. Trawlaney, Nymphadora Tonks, Hermione Granger, & Padma Patil
Tonks, Luna (notice the real radish earings), Hermione, & Harry
Professor Trawlaney

Sophie the Mandrake
We played "Hogwarts a History Trivia", match the spells, & "Transfigurations playdough pictionary". Then for those who were interested we went to the new movie all dressed up. Prof. Trawlaney even got up in front of the crowded theater and announced the future of the group would be to view Harry Potter the Half Blood Prince. WOW! What a night to remember.


14 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I knew the party would be great, but you went above and beyond my greatest imagination. I'm SO sad I missed it. Your mom looks AWESOME! I love how she predicted you'd be seeing the next movie. Those candles hanging from the ceiling, what can I say, PURE genius! AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!
HOW FUN, and soooo creative. Good Job.
YOU ARE AWESOME! I can't believe the decor and food. You are so fun, and I wish I could have been there. I am back from D.C. so let's hang out. By the way, your comment on Jenny's blog made me cry. Love you!
Aw.. I wish I could have come up for the party. I still need to see the movie!
Awesome party. I'm a huge Potter fan too. I'll have to steal your idea for movie 7.
You've inspired me. I am definitely having a Harry Potter party next time it is appropriate. What fun! Nice job. All we did in preparation for the new movie was to watch all five of the others in a five day period prior to the release date. That was a lot of fun too.
Wow Becky that looks like it was a lot of fun. You (and your family) are so creative. Glad you were able to find a reason to have a themed party:)
Oh Becky that sounds like soooo much fun!! I wish I was that creative!! What a fun fun night!! professor Tralawny looks great!! I am glad you posted a picture of the candles!! Man you parents have patience to do all of that!! Well, if you are a nerd...then I am a nerd too because I would of been WAY excited to attend that party!!
Harry Potter himself would have been proud! Way to go. Prof. Connie Trelawney looked the best of all. I'm so glad that you took pics of everything! (For whatever reason, even though I know I added you to my google reader, your posts have not been coming up automatically. I have fixed that and will not miss another great post from the Black house!) Love you!
LOVE it! Seriously hiring you to cater and decorate for my next party!
Dang, you sure went all out! Glad the party was a success. This has made me want to throw my own Harry Potter party...of course once I finally read the books (did I tell you movie 6 has inspired me to read them finally?)
P.S. Nice wands :)
wow!! looks like you and i need to become friends before the next movie comes out! you are above and beyond amazing! (I'm mallena ricks' sis-in-law) that is by far the coolest party i've ever seen!!
Post a Comment