8 years ago today Andrew played his guitar and sang this song (Annie's Song by John Denver) to me as we sat at our wedding luncheon with friends and family.

The Reception
I've always had this feeling that wedding receptions have a lot in common with funerals, at least LDS style. A large number of friends and family come to stand in line and give hugs and shake hands. Then at the end of the line there is . . . not a body in a casket, but a wedding cake. (I know I am strange for this analogy, but that is what I am always reminded of.) So. . . I was determined that a wedding cake (or dead body, however you want to look at it) was a waste of money and that I didn't want one. Well, my family (Dad's idea) decided that we needed a wedding cake. Therefore, we got a wedding cake made out of Twinkies. It was just for laughs at the luncheon, but somehow the tacky thing found it's way to our reception. A tradition was started. Each of my sisters also opted out of a wedding cake (I guess my analogy was pretty persuasive) and ended up getting a Hostess cake instead. We got more comments on our cake than anyone has probably ever gotten on a wedding cake in all of history.
When we walked out from our reception we found my little car an absolute mess. We drove my ugly little Geo Metro to the wedding instead of Andrew's car. We were sure glad that we did. Although, Andrew was told if he didn't hand over the keys to my car that the decorating party was going to go get his car too. So he reluctantly handed over the keys. When I walked outside to see what was done, I almost started to cry. We was so tired and exhausted we didn't want to have to deal with the mess. If you notice there were 25 lbs of rice inside the car.
That day was quite an exciting way to start out our lives together. 
Andrew, now it has been 8 years and I am glad that we are on this journey of life together. You are my best friend. Together we have faced challenges, hard times, and moments of overwhelming joy and happiness, I wouldn't want to face those with anyone else. You are am amazing Father to the two most beautiful children. You are a patient and loving husband. I have been so blessed to have you in my life. John Lennon's words say it best: Grow old along with me. Whatever fate decrees, we will see it through. For our love is true. God bless our love, God bless our love.

Happy 8 year anniversary
I LOVE YOU!
(Eternity or Bust)


14 comments:
Happy Anniversary guys! Can you believe it's been 8 years??
Happy anniversary! Thanks for celebrating while watching my kids today :-). Let me know if you want me to take your kiddos so you can go on a date..
I loved the cake!!! Congrats on 8 years guys. Happy Anniversary.
Happy anniversary! Love these pictures - I didn't know your hair was curly!
Congrats guys! It's crazy how young you both look! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You guys look great together. :)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...
August is a wonderful month for marriages!!
Enjoy your day!
Love Aunt Carmen and Uncle Greg
Happy Anniversary!
Andrew and Becky,
The photos that are posted are lovely and you are still as in love...thank you for sharing your love with all of us.
I noticed in one of the photos that Grandpa Anderson is in the background...and yes he is watching over you today as he was then....
Happy Anniversary! Loved your sweet tribute to Andrew, your love and life together. Congratulations! 8 years down, eternity to go!!
happy anniversary! We're so glad that you guys married each other too and we were able to become friends. Hope you guys enjoy all things that an anniversary entails;) (and yes that is a winking smiley face)
Sure becky write that and play that kind of music and expect me not to cry! Thanks! 8 years wow! You still owe us for making us wear those ugly things on our heads(they itched way bad). I didn't even do any pay back at our wedding. I am truly sorry we stole your day too! I guess that was my pay back.
Happy Anniversary! Andrew had such a baby face. Cant wait to have our annual Anniversary weekend. That probably sounds really weird to others, but hey good times. ;)
Happy Anniversary! Wow! Time flies when you are having fun, right??? We're headed to #8, too!
I agree with Alicia those things were stupid but we do crazy things for our sisters! I had a few tears as well over your sweet comments and the song. I remember the 25 lbs of rice probably more then you do. When I inherited the car from you I would get rice coming out of the dash everytime I went over a bump! And old rice is not in one piece it shatter and even becomes powder. Good times though. Funny you probably thought you would never be in love as much as you were on your wedding day but now look 8 years later and so much more love! And I hear it only gets better. Thanks for the amazing example you guys are to me.
Post a Comment