Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten



Yesterday was Kimball's first day of school. He looks so grown up and handsome. I started to tear up just a little bit when I stood at the back of his classroom while he sat with the rest of the kids on the floor. I pulled it together until Hazel started to cry as we left, "But I don't want to leave Kimball. I didn't even get to say good bye. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE KIMBALL!" that is when I had a really hard time. Hazel continued to cry for about 10 minutes after we left.

7 comments:

Liz said...

It's hard for me at the beginning of the year, every year! Morgan misses her brother and sister too. It's always a hard transition. Kimball looks so cute in his little plaid shirt!

Sarah said...

Oh, that is heart wrenching! Poor gal.

Alicia Archibald said...

Wow! Kimball looks so big. Feels just like yesterday that we came to your house to see the little fart in the hospital. We sure do love you guys.

Melanie said...

That's so sweet! It gets easier--even fun when you get involved. Kindergarten was a blast last year!

Yorgasons said...

Oh man I just can't believe it!!! I am sure he LOVED it though! And I am sure Hazel will love the Mommy and me time! :)

Doug and Mallena said...

Isn't it such a different feeling to be on this end of the new school year? Since I taught first grade for two years it was REALLY weird to be on the parent side. One bonus though, I have some new ideas on how to help put parents at ease if I ever go back to teaching.

Carmen said...

Kimball congratulations on being in Kindergarten!! School is so much fun with lots of new friends and adventures!!

See you soon!!