make applesauce!
This last weekend we got two huge boxes of apples from Andrew's parents. Tuesday I decided I better make them into applesauce. The kids had to much fun helping.
Hazel's job was to wash the apples.
Mom's job was to cut and cook the apples.
Kimball's job was to squish the apples and turn the handle on the strainer.
Hazel's other job was to use the rubber scraper to help the applesauce into the bowl.
Both kids helped add sugar and cinnamon.
Doesn't it look beautiful?
In all we made 32 pints of applesauce.
(That was only one box full.)
6 comments:
Yummy! If any of it ends up on my doorstep, I won't complain. :) (only kidding)
I wish I was more like you....I would love to have a domestic talent.
Looks good! I did some too but holy cow not 32 pints! Way to go!!
Success!!!! It looks great and must taste even better. I remember other little kids who liked to help make yummy applesauce. What a fun tradition you have started.
OH it does look beautiful!! I love apples sauce!! I love that you involved the kids...I would be yelling at them the whole time to get away! hahaha!!! You're awesome!! So are you going to can it all?
Love the pic with Hazel's hand in the sink with all the apples. Good job team Black!
Way to go! You have so much energy it astounds me.
Post a Comment