Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Making Christmas Gifts

Shelley & Heather DON'T LOOK!!!!











This year I have decided to make most of the Christmas gifts. We (Andrew actually) has my sister Shelley's name for Christmas. I decided to make her a flannel board and a whole bunch of flannel board stories for family home evening. (Andrew helped by sawing the boards and buying the white duct tape.)














I used wonder under to attach the flannel to the boards and then duct taped the sides of the boards. It folds down the center for easy storage and carrying. The back of the boards are a laminated wood, so stick tack can be used for pictures too. I was able to score the boards for free from a local cabinet maker. I found the pictures and lesson plans all the Internet. After coloring the pictures I was used wonder under to attach the flannel to the backs of all of the pictures.



For my niece, Sophie I made her this ladybug blanket. I knew that I wanted to make her a rag-time ladybug blanket, but there are no such patterns for something like that so I just made it up. I think it turned out darling. I also had enough left over fabric that I made her these funny little stuffed ladybug toys, complete with a drawstring leaf bag.






















My other sister, Heather, is having a baby in January. I made this little blanket for her new little guy. It has super soft brown Minky fabric on the back.

13 comments:

amelia said...

That blanket turned out so cute! I'm impressed with your craftiness.

Tami said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Everything looks so good. Those are lucky people on your gift giving list!

Kristen said...

you are very very talented

Melinda said...

Becky you're so crafty! These look awesome!

Kim said...

Looks so cute, way to go. I don't know where you find the time.

The Buthman Family said...

Wow Becky! I am really impressed! Can I ask you a favor.. where did you find the flannel board stories???

Yorgasons said...

CUTE!! Becky you are amazing!! I want one of those for me!! :) I wish we were close by so you could teach me!!

Carmen said...

HO Ho Ho!!! Santa should hire you!!! Very creative, they will love it!!

We look forward to seeing all of you during Christmas.

Darrick n' Camille said...

so cute! it is fun to see what you guys are up to through your blog. It is that time again when I am rounding up addresses for cards. If you get a chance could you send me yours. cammalot@aol.com

Liz said...

What great ideas! Homemade gifts are the best, I think. I love the little ladybugs with the bag...so cute!
By the way, I love to come to your blog and hear your music. You guys have the same taste of music as us. Today I heard The Smiths! and David loves Sea Wolf.

landmark lighting said...

I love all of it!

Just Only Me said...

I LOVE this!!! Can you have MY name next year? I love it.

Mandy Bird said...

You and your family are so talented! I love this! Very cute. I love Hazel's face in the Christmas tree picture.