Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why didn't I think of that?

Alrighty I know it has been nearly a month since my last post, I just haven't had time to spend catching up. I will get to it soon. I did want to share this funny story though.

On Monday the kids and I went on a short day trip to visit my sister, Heather, in Idaho. She just had a baby a couple of weeks ago and we wanted to meet the new little guy. I have to preface my story be explaining where Heather lives. She lives in a little community about 20 minutes west of Malad, Idaho and about 20 minutes north of Snowville Utah. This is a small farming community in the middle of Arbon Valley. The kids were patiently riding in the car and their movie had just ended to keep them busy I kept telling them to look out the window. Well we were just a short distance out of Tremonton, Utah, and there isn't much of anything to see. I pointed out a little old abandoned farm that was visible from the interstate.



Kimball's response: "Does anyone live there anymore?"


Me: "No it is just an old farm that isn't used anymore. See how old the house is, it is falling apart."


Kimball: "I guess it is called a Ghost Farm."


I laughed right out loud for a few minutes. We enjoyed watching for "Ghost Farms" the rest of the way to Aunt Heather's house.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

This is why children think they are smarter than their parents!!! Great way to spend an drive...how many did you spot!!?
I have always said after many many miles of seeing old homesteads dotting the country from coast to coast that they should be able to pass away gracefully telling stories along the way to those who take the time to look and listen.

Tami said...

Clever kid you got there! :D

Yorgasons said...

What a smartie!! I hope you had a good trip!!?