Hazel turned 4 in October. I tried to convince her that it would be fun to have a princess birthday, but she reminded me, "Mom, I want a horse birthday party, I am a horse LOVER!!!" That is somewhat of an understatement. (She is obsessed.) She frequently calls Grandpa Black to ask him about the horses. She was so overjoyed the other day when she asked Grandpa Black if the horses would be resurrected and she would be able to meet one of the horses that died when Andrew was a little boy. As soon as Andrew got home she said, "Good news Daddy, the horses will be resurrected and I will be able to see Boxer someday." Needless to say, she had a horse birthday party.
Kimball gave her new cowboy boots for her birthday. She didn't take them off all day.
She had a small party with her friends. They had a stick-horse race in the yard. They played "pin the tail on Two-Shoes" (Her favorite of Grandpa's horses.), colored pictures, and decorated cowboy hats.





Andrew had to leave very early for work that day so we didn't get to celebrate her birthday as a family until late at night. We of course had the traditional rice crispy cake that night as a family. She got new clothes for her doll, and a horse for her doll.
It's tradition for Daddy to give her roses on her birthday.
Hazel he got 4 orange roses. (She cried for 20 minutes one day about not wanting her roses to die. . . they are dried and hanging in her bedroom with all the roses from her other birthdays.)
As you can see she is her Daddy's pride and joy!
3 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I love the horse cakes! Happy late late birthday Hazel! I glad horses resurrect too!
Becky, little Hazel looks so much like you! She is just adorable. She sounds like a little tender hearted GIRL! It's fun that she likes grandpa's horses! Her cake you made was cute. Kimball is a handsome little guy, he will love having a little brother! Hang out, and Hang on, till he arrives! Take Care!
What a fun looking party! My little girl loves horses too, but she doesn't have a grandpa that owns any. She'd be very jealous. Hazel is such a beautiful little girl!
Post a Comment