He was really good and helped me clean the whole thing up when he was finished. What a good boy!
To make the night complete after both of them had finished with baths and were in their pajamas, Hazel got into the cupboard and dumped an entire bag of chips on the floor. I just laughed and had Andrew grab the camera for one last Kodak moment for the day.
Since Mary Poppins is not making house calls to my house. . . on days like this I try to remember the best advice about motherhood I was ever taught by two very inspiring women in my life, my Mom & Aunt Susan. My Mom never sweat the small stuff and laughed often at us as children. Her example has stuck with me through the years and I find myself thinking "what would my Mom do right now?". . . laugh of course and then take a deep breath. Then the words of Aunt Susan come to mind "Remember, these are the best days of your life." It can be difficult to remember that these are the best days of my life when I run around playing "tidy up the house" without any magic at all. But, there will be a day when my kids grow up and everything will be tidy and just how I want it and then I will wish that they were little again, so until then I will TRY to cherish every little and big mess that they make.
4 comments:
I feel so much better knowing that ours aren't the only children who destroy the house with their toys EVERY day!
We finally went through all the toys to weed out the toys which are just thrown on the floor while the kids are seeking for the desired toy of the week.
Since then our tidy time has been more manageable.
I love this post, how can you get frustrated when your kids are so cute?? I know it happens. You're so good to laugh and take pictures.
I know just how you feel! My second child is so much messier than my first! Crazy! You have just the right attitude. Keep it real and just enjoy the time they're little!
Oh, there are definitely days when I think that all I do is follow the boys around and clean up their messes.
Post a Comment