Last Monday afternoon Hazel was taking a nap. I turned on a movie for Kimball to watch for quiet time. I left him downstairs watching Toy Story 2 as he was playing with a Nerf gun and a foam ball. He often falls asleep while watching a movie during quiet time. I was upstairs in the office and hadn't heard from Kimball for quite some time so I figured that he had fallen asleep. The next moment I hear a huge crash downstairs. I go flying toward the stairs calling Kimball's name. He came running up the stairs crying, "Mom I was just trying to get my ball behind the TV and it fell off." I ran down the stairs to see what the damage consisted of.
The TV had fallen off the stand and was laying face down on top of the DVD player. Kimball was crying hysterically, "Mom I am so sorry, I am so sorry. It was an accident." I asked him why he hadn't come to get me for help instead. He just cried some more. I quickly realized that this is just a TV and that things could have been much worse considering how heavy the TV was. I held him on my lap and hugged him telling him how grateful I was that he was not hurt. I explained that the TV was so heavy it could have broken his leg or worse if it would have landed on him or Hazel. I was very happy that Hazel was asleep and not standing in front of the TV.
I was able to lift the TV back up to the stand. But it would not turn on. I knew by the sound of things that it had to have broken the lamp inside and it would not work any longer.
When Andrew got home he quickly looked on craigslist to see what he could find in the way of televisions that we could possibly afford right now. We have been wanting to get a flat screen to hang on the wall but knew that they were more than we would be able to spend right away. But luckily some lady had listed a flat screen television poorly on craigslist and hadn't sold it because of her bad ad. So on Monday we made a trip to Bountiful for a new TV for family home evening. We ended up getting a 32 inch flat screen television that is less than a year old for $180. We were happy with this purchase because the same one at Walmart and Costco where both around $550. I guess I should have titled this post "Our new (previously owned) TV.
If you look at the pictures you will notice that it is mounted on the wall. . . now the kids can't tip it over. You will also see our fine antenna. We may be able to get cable or a satellite sometime in the future, but for now our rabbit ears serve us just fine.
4 comments:
Your kids look so much bigger in this post than in the previous one. Hazel's hair is getting lighter and Kimball looks taller. Porter tell's me at least once a day lately, "mom, I'm sad... I just miss Kimball, he's my best buddy." I know I need to call you back and I will, I just don't remember until it's too late or I'm in the middle of something. Hope everything is going good. Do you like the t.v. on the wall?? Brandon's convinced we're going to get a new one with our taxes, I'm not too sure about it though. He's saving our soda cans for his t.v fund, we'll have enough money for a new t.v when we're ready to move away. Take care, love ya
That is so exciting! WHAT A STEAL...way to go Andrew! I think that will be a purchase Jason and I will have to make in the NEAR future. Our TV keeps fading in and out of color lately, and I am afraid that it will soon die all together. It has served us well over the last 8 years though. I am so glad that he was okay, and so sorry that his little heart was broken. I hate it when those kind of things happen, and you have to reming yourself of the more important issue at hand!
OHHHH!! I am excited for you!! This is soooo exciting!! I love good deals!!! They make me giggle...hahaha that was for you!! Anyway! I am so glad that Kimball didn't get hurt!! I love craigslist! I just found a train table for Ben for Christmas for a very good price!!! I don't know if I will be as lucky as you were with the TV!! hahaha!! Hazel looks so big in that picture it just amazing me everytime!! Have fun watching Greys Anatomy on that TV! Love ya!
You should definitely get cable or dish or something.....soon. It is sooo worth it. Think of all the football and quality programming that would come from that. Not to mention the time saved by having a DVR. Just one persons opinion.
-anonymously signed, Andreway Ackblay
Post a Comment