
Here we are inside the building with the actual dinosaur fossils. There was a window that we could look into a seperate room where a group of scientists where cleaning up some of the fossils. It was interesting to see all the tools that they were using, and boy what a time consuming job to put a bunch of fossilized bones back together like a puzzle.
Here the kids are at the T-Rex. You cannot see it in the picture but on the ground right behind the kids is another dinosaur that was killed by T-Rex. It had a huge chunk right out of it's side. We had to explain that this was an ornery dinosaur. Then every time Hazel would see a dinosaur that was attacking another one she would say, "ornery one", or "mean dinosaur".After desperately trying to get Kimball to get in this picture with Hazel and I he ran off, so here is a picture of us at the dinosaur park minus Kimball. This is at the playground area where all the kids were playing after our picnic lunch. I guess I cannot blame him for not wanting to sit around for a picture where there were so many fun things to do with his friends.

Here are the kids digging for dinosaur bones in the sand with brushes. When I asked Kimball what his favorite part of the dinosaur park was he told me that digging for bones in the dirt was the very best.
I took my camera along in my purse to the park, and when I pulled it out to take the first picture I noticed that the memory card was not in it. I left if in the computer. I was very disappointed, but thanks to my good friend Christi I have pictures here to share with you. Thanks Christi!

2 comments:
What a fun trip. That is such a great thing to have close. I would love to be able to take the kids to more places like that. It sound like the kids will love the letter D for a really long time!
That is so fun!! I think Annie has the same shoes as Hazel!! You have good taste hehehe!! That looks like something we should do next time we go to Utah! Ben is just starting to notice dinosaurs. Now he points one out every time he sees one! When Kyle was a kid he thought he was going to be a paleontologist. (thank goodness for spell check I really didn't know how to spell that one!) Thanks for your encouraging words that you left on my blog!! Love you Becky!!!!!!
Post a Comment