Friday, October 10, 2008

Obituary


Stewart Themouse gave up the ghost late Wednesday night in the home of the Black Family in Salt Lake City, Utah. He died doing what he loved best, eating food from a trap. You see, Stewart had licked a total of SIX TRAPS CLEAN before meeting his fateful doom. For several nights, traps with peunut butter and oats were placed near his comfortable little home in the wall, and each night he would sneak out, lick the peanut butter and oats right up and retreat without nery even setting any of the varioius traps off. Some of his hobbies included chewing up the corner piece of carpet in the hall closet, chewing dry plaster to aid in construction on the entry of his home, and running across the foot of a paranoid lady. Stewart is survived in life by Charlotte the spider who currently sits in a jar on the desk right next to the computer that this is being typed on. He was preceded in death by the multiple insects including flies, hornets, other spiders and firebugs that we have fed to Charlotte to keep ourselves entertained around here.
Stewart's remains are currently being held in a large receptacle outside the back door until Wednesday morning when they will be transported to the Salt Lake City landfill, which will serve as his final burial place. And for all of you Lebowski fans out there....."good night sweet prince." and in Becky's words......HOORRRRAYYYY!!!!!

Acknowlegdments: Credit goes to Becky's Dad who David-rigged the trap to hair-pin sensitivity.

10 comments:

Brandi said...

YEA!!! I am so happy for you guys, but poor poor Stewart!!! I am sure the landfill with be happy to make it his final resting place!!!

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! :)

susan said...

Hurray for David-rigged traps. You can breathe easy again, that is until Stewarts cousin comes calling! Great Obit.

Kim said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you guys. I saw a commercial the other day for a mouse trap that the mice goes inside and dies and you just throw the thing away and never have to see it again. That's my kind of trap. Hope the grape juice expedition turned out well. Love ya

Anonymous said...

From the Hair Pin Trigger Man,
with use of my trusty leatherman.

Straighten and move a thing about,
grease contraption inside and out.

Place it in front of Sweart's lair,
like clock work he'd expire there.

No need for Certificate of death,
I see by photos lethal as meth.

Utah's mice to catch might be hard,
not with this jungle cat on guard.

No doubt was there at all in me,
Idaho's mice are dispatched the same you see.

All about the Snow's said...

Becky,

Your family is soo cute! I am glad you have a blog so I can see whats going on wiht your family. It has been forever since I have seen you. While the picture of the mouse is disgusting; I am also of the opinion that the only good mouse is a dead one and that one sure looks good and dead. So congrats on getting rid of one of Gods most disgusting creatures.

Emily

Yorgasons said...

I am so glad you finally caught him!! I have never seen a dead mouse in a trap...its pretty gross!!! I don't know if I would have had the guts to pick it up and put it in the trash!! I think its funny you have kept Charlotte alive...what will you do when her eggs hatch...? I am sure Kimball is loving it though!! Well may Stewart rest in peace!! and hooray for Becky's dad!!

Emily said...

Ok that is so gross! But I couldn't be more happy for you. We had a mouse in our house over a year ago. I hate mice!!! I had no idea you were in SLC. We are in Ogden at the moment, although we have sold our house (we'll close in two weeks) and then we're headed north. Thanks again for the link to your blog. It's so fun to see you and your cute family.
Emily (Nye)

Melanie said...

Disgusting! Glad it all worked out to your liking! Hazel is an adorable 2 year old!

Just Only Me said...

You catch that mouse! This was a hilarious post, you're so creative!

Love the picture, Dawson thought it was "so totally cool! Is this his brud on de wall?" We got a kick out of it.

Ashley Mullen said...

Hey andrew and becky. I saw your blog site address on facebook, and thought I would check it out. Cute family. Hope all is well. Check out our blog.
http://mullenspage.blogspot.com
Ashley (Ellis) Mullen