The other day when I was running errands with Hazel she said something that sure has made me giggle the last couple of days. We had just finished shopping at Wal-mart and she was sitting in the back
of the car in her car seat. This is how the conversation went.Mom: “Hazel we have just one more store to go to and then we are going to go pick up Kimball from preschool. “
Hazel: “Go to store with elevator”
Mom: “No we are not going to the store with the elevator today.”
Hazel: (Mumbles almost under her breath) “Little Poop”
I giggled to myself and quickly called my Mom. I recognize that this is a direct quote from Grandma Connie and I had to let her know that her granddaughter was sharing her new vocabulary with me.

Hazel: “Kimball my foot hurts, my foot hurts Kimball.”
Kimball: “What, your toe hurts?”
Hazel: “Yah”
Kimball: “But I’m not a foot doctor yet Hazel. . . I don’t know how to fix it.”

One day we got a babysitter to stay with the kids while Andrew and I went out on a date. I called to see how things were going. The babysitter said that everything was fine, but wanted to know what “Curious Georges” were. She said that Kimball asked, “How many Curious Georges before my Mom and Dad get home?” I had to laugh. We measure time for Kimball in ways that he can relate so we use “Curious Georges” as measurements of time. We explain that we will be to Idaho in 8 Curious Georges, or to Costco in only 1 Curious George. It works great for us, but it sure confused the babysitter.
5 comments:
LOL- that just reminded me. Maybe I should ask you... What does Grandma Say? "Awwww......what?"
Those are great! Don't you just love what they say. I like the Curious Georges...I would have been lost, too :)
I love your kids, they're so funny. Hope your doing well, we miss you guys.
I love that "I am not a foot doctor yet!!" that is great!! You know that is a good idea of how to tell time! Annie doesn't understand time yet so Curious Georges...that is a good idea!!
hey, we use the same idea for time, but with DORA
Post a Comment