Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Last Wednesday we woke up to snow all over the ground, and after snowing the rest of the day by evening there was enough powdery white to hit the Sugar House Park hills with the 4 snow saucers I bought at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago for a few bucks. (Usually I just pass something like that by and wish that I hadn't a few days or weeks later.)



I called my good friend Christie to see if she wanted to pack up her two boys, Josh and Neil (they are the same age as Kimball and Hazel) and come sledding with us.

Kimball was on the move the whole time and here is the picture to prove it. He was especially proud of his "awesome trick" on the hill. One of the times down the hill he did a complete forward flip off the saucer, just as I was holding my breath waiting for the crash to come to an end, he landed facing backwards on his knees on his saucer. He finished going down the hill in "true Warren Miller style".

Josh and Neil had a good time sledding too. Josh told Christie that he didn't want to go down the big hill because it would be scary. As Christie was helping Neil up the hill I put Josh on a sled at the very top and told him to hang on. . . I don't think that he even had a chance to tell me no. He ended up having a great time even going down the big hill. Neil especially loved tasting the snow as you can see from the picture. Hey, but I couldn't blame him I wanted to lay down on my stomach in the fluffy powder and have a few tastes of my own.

Hazel LOVED her first sledding experience!!!






Just when we would get to the bottom of the hill she would jump off and say, "go again". She talked my into staying a little bit too long as you can see from the pictures it was dark by the time we left. Alright I didn't need much talking into because I was having just as much fun as the kids and I know that I laughed even more than they did.

By the time I got the camera out it was dark and the kids were cold and hungry. Next time we will have to start earlier and take pictures when it is still light outside.

I can hardly wait for more snow after a day like that!

6 comments:

Teryn said...

How fun! We have the cold but still no snow yet. I'm jealous.

Christie said...

This prompted me to get on the ball and get snowpants and better gloves, etc.. so we'll be more prepared next time. So glad you called!

Just Only Me said...

This time last year we had feet of snow, but not yet!! (knock on wood) Glad that you're enjoying it, it makes for fun pictures.

Kim said...

Look at all that snow. That looks like so much fun. Your kiddo's look like they're having a ball out there.

L and T said...

You fun mom!

Yorgasons said...

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun!! I just can't believe it is snowing already!! Crazy!! I love that you were having just as much fun as they were!! Sledding is way fun!! Hey have you gotten to Twilight yet? oh and I have been wondering how is Charlotte? still alive? weird but I do find myself thinking about it once in a while...I am weird! :) Love ya!