Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Addiction!

Alright. . . I have a confession. . . I am in LOVE!

Over a year ago for Christmas my friend, Kim, gave me a book. She told me that she wanted me to read it so that we would be able to discuss it together. I was in the middle of reading The Work and The Glory series. Well I knew that if I stopped reading in the middle of the series I would never return to finish it. I was cruising along reading about a book a month out of the series and figured that I would be able to finish it quickly. Well by book 7 I was really loosing momentum and started to get sick of the books. Again, I knew that I had to finish them or I would never return to get them done. So the last book alone took me about 7-8 months to read. So I FINALLY finished reading the last (9th) book a little over a week ago. I was thinking "Alright I guess it is time to dive into this book that I have heard so much about." So I took Twilight off my book shelf where it has been patiently waiting for me to pick it up. I read the first chapter last Monday or Tuesday night. I read one chapter the next two nights. . . then I was caught I couldn't put it down.

I became a Twilight-aholic after three reads. I finished the first book on Saturday. On our morning out with the kids I had Andrew stop me by Barns and Nobles so that I could pick up my next fix, New Moon. I was half way through New Moon by Sunday afternoon. I CAN'T STOP!!!


I would have already finished it, but since Andrew had the day off yesterday we spent the day as a family and I promised that I wouldn't read so we could all be together. Andrew asks me how I can read for so long. (6-7 hours is not long if you get to spend it with Edward.) Today the books calls me so much that I can barely function, but again, I have had to ration my reading. I have been cleaning house all day with the kids and I plan to reward myself after I have finished a few things on my list. Plus, my Mom said that she had book 3 at her house for me and would bring it to me this weekend. Well. . . my first thought was "How can I wait until this weekend for the next book?" Then I realized I can just get it from the library and read book 3 until she gets it to me. Well it is impossible to just go get this book from the library with 7 holds already on it, so I am trying to read this book slowly so that I can wait for the a anxious arrival of my next fix this weekend.

I knew that Twilight would probably be a book that I would like just from what I had heard about it, but I was not prepared for a full on addiction. I would read all day if I could and finish the books in just a few days, but with all the other demands I have to take a little bit longer. I plan on having them finished in just a week or two. Until then there may not be many postings on the blog. I had big plans to finish the curtains and quilt for Hazel's room, but that will have to wait. The kitchen is a huge mess at this very moment, but the kiddos are having quiet time so I have got to go get a quick fix to tide me over until tonight after they are in bed.

Kim. . .I failed you. . . sorry that I didn't read the book as soon as you gave it to me. I now know that you were needing to go through this addiction with others along your side and I let you down. Friends shouldn't let friends read Twilight alone!

Lisa. . . I know that you said that when I started reading that my house would go to pot, and we would all stay in our pajamas all day. I honestly thought that I was stronger than that. I'm not!

If any of you would like to know what the Edward in my mind smells like. . . I just got a new type of hairspray the other day. I just went into Cosmo Proof (professional retailer for stylists-my sister loaned me her card) and asked for a good hairspray. Well the gal gave me a suggestion and it was decently priced. So I got this new hairspray and again wasn't prepared for this addiction. I used it on my newly cut hair the other day and just about melted onto the floor. EDWARD! This hairspray is not extremely strong, but it smells like cologne. It is called Rusk w8less Plus (Red cap). For around $7 you too can have Edward's sent with you all day long.

"Hello, my name is Becky and I am a Twilightaholic. "

7 comments:

Liz said...

Love those books! I remember doing our "nightime routine" as fast as I could so I could jump in bed and read all night. One night I hurried into my bedroom to see David already snuggled in bed with the book open! He was trying to read it too. Ha! Watch out Andrew. You may get hooked as well. :)

Kristen said...

Becky...you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Andrew's from way back.
That was the funniest post I have ever read. I too love twilight. I love it when others find out how great those books are!
Kristen

Kim said...

Just for the record you were warned. I still can talk about the books nonstop. I think I love Jacob more than Edward, I would rather snuggle with a hot physically person than an ice cold one. Eclipse is my favorite of the series. So call me when you want to chat. You and Andrew are so funny, we love you guys.

Teryn said...

I "read" them by MP3- it took me about two days each. That was genius because my house actually got cleaner. I stormed around the house in hyper-speed as I listened.

Oh- and tell Kim I too love Jacob. I think I related him more with Jason.long hair=beard in my imaginary world. Much more snuggle-able. (yes I made up a word) I'm really looking forward to another book and I'm hoping for more from Jacob!

Jules said...

It happens to the best of us!!

gundersens said...

I am also seriously addicted. I ask Teryn to send me her books on cd so I can listen while doing things around the house and still get my fix.

Doug and Mallena said...

I have to be honest, I can't relate with your Work and the Glory comments (I love them and have already read the series 3 times---ready to start round 4). I do understand the Twilight addiction though. I waited to start reading them until all the books were out. I knew that I'd probably like them and I hate waiting for a new book to come out. I read all four in a week. I just got Twilight on CD a couple of weeks ago. I stayed up all night so I could finish it. Silly, I know, I already knew what was going to happen, but it was SO good! Good luck trying to stay focused on life while you read the next few books!