Friday, May 8, 2009

Cheap Decorating

Last summer I found this amazing IKEA dresser at a yard sale for $10. I had been looking all over for a dresser for Hazel's room, but didn't want to spend a ton of $$$. So this was a perfect find, except it was blue. I've had intentions to get it decorated so that it would match the rest of her room, and yesterday I finally decided to get it finished. Here is the end result. What do you think?
















I must add that I love decorating for cheap. I would love to have an interior designer come and help me decorate everything, but I just can't afford their help. So here are the cheap finds that I have made due in Hazel's bedroom.


1. Canvas for the "windows" and the shutters from the DI. I just painted them both.

2. The flower box under the windows. From Walmart. . . it was actually just one, but I used a knife and sawed it in half to make two.

3. The flowers in the planter box and floral foam to hold them in place. Walmart- very cheap.




The flowers on her dresser and the wall, you will never guess. . . . . .Walpaper stickers from the dollar store. I purchased stamps to paint to do it all myself, but when I saw how well the wallpaper stickers worked I had to take the easier route.

Next on the agenda: I have to finish the curtains, lamp shade, pillows, and bedspread. After almost a year in this house I am still not finished.

10 comments:

Stacy Horner said...

Oh my gosh, Becky! Your decorating is SO adorable! Too bad that you are not in Iowa, because I would hire you to do Caitilin's room too. :)

Shelley Bowman said...

Like you need a professional! It looks great and is so creative! I was wondering what you did for the flowers that's such a good idea and the fact that it comes from the dollar store is even better!

Emily said...

That is so cute. You are so creative. Please come do my kids' rooms!!!

Christie said...

Great job! Her room is so cute.

Katie H. said...

You did an amazing job!! What creative skills you got. Are you for hire? ;)

Kim said...

Holy Cow Becky, that room could be in a magazine. Good job! I can't believe you got those sticker things at the dollar store. You always seem to find good things there. I love the flower theme and how bright and cheery the room looks. Also I love Hazel's statement on the last post. So funny!

The McEwans said...

How adorable! I love the window and shutters. SOOOO cute! I have been reading your past six or seven posts and have been laughing. My favorite was the butt post. WOW, you do have a nice one!

mallena said...

Love it all! I'm not surprise though, you've always been able to create great stuff.

Yorgasons said...

CUTE Becky!!! I love it all!! You are amazing!!

Alison said...

Sooo stinkin' cute!! I am totally impressed!! I always check out those dollar store sticker but haven't seen any too cute for my boys. *Sigh*