Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh Crap!


















Hazel has been watching Jack a little too closely I'm afraid. Yesterday on a couple of occasions I found her outside with her pants around ankles. When I asked her what she was doing she would tell me "I pottied in the grass."
I was in the kitchen looking out the window when I noticed that Hazel was pulling her pants down again. I yelled to Andrew as he was working on the computer in the office to grab her. Well she was a little too fast, so instead Andrew grabbed the camera and got a few good shots. The two of us where in the office looking out the sliding glass door. We were both laughing so hard we had tears running down our face.


So here are some pictures of Hazel popping a squat to "potty in the grass."
Interestingly she did a little bit more than "potty in the grass." As she finished she stood up and said, "Mom I pooped." All I could think to say was "Oh, Crap!"

The worst part about this was when I went out to clean her up and pick up the “treasure” she left on the grass I couldn't find it. Well Jack quickly came over to investigate what was going on and I had to pry the "treasure" out of his mouth. I can't write what was going through my head at that point.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Like mother like daughter!! Maybe for family home evening you can tell her about the Nephites and how they "pooped in the forest". It just makes the mother proud- not to mention the grandma. It's a good thing they are sooooo cute most of the time and even better when the parents have a good sense of humor- and stand laughing at the window.

Liz said...

We all went through it sometime in our lives and now we get to watch our kids do it....so funny!

amelia said...

That is hilarious!

Christie said...

Oh, I love little Hazel. One day, she's going to love that you caught that on camera!

Sarah said...

This is possibly one of my favorite stories ever - I love that she is so observant of the world around her! :)

Kim said...

Soooo funny! At least she "marked" her territory in her back yard. Do you remember Logan doing it at the park in Iowa? Kids, they definately keep you on your toes. I can't believe how big sweet Hazel is getting. Time goes by too fast.

mallena said...

Too funny!

Shelley Bowman said...

There are no words! Guess that's what you get with a big brother and a dog... They get to go outside why not her too! :)