Monday, March 22, 2010

Popcorn

I forgot to post this funny Hazel story on the last post, so here is another one.

My sister in law, Chandra, added to our family recipe book Cinderella Popcorn. It happens to be one of my very favorite treats ever. The other night I asked the kids if we should make Cinderella Popcorn for a treat. Hazel quickly responded, "I don't want Cinderella Popcorn, I want Belle Popcorn."

Needless to say that our Cinderella Popcorn ended up being yellow "Belle Popcorn" that night.

Here is the recipe for the Cinderella Popcorn if anyone is interested.

Popcorn (about 1 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels)
2 C. Sugar
2 Tbl. Butter
1/2 C. Milk
Food Coloring
Flavoring (I usually just use Vanilla, but any flavoring can be used.)

Cook in a sauce pan to the soft ball stage of the candy thermometer. Pour over the popcorn and stir until set. (It may take a few minutes, but keep stirring.) As it sets up the mixture hardens on the popcorn and is no longer sticky.

1 comment:

Yorgasons said...

Ohhh thanks for sharing that recipe!! Becky, I am sorry I missed your call the other night. I didn't see I missed it til the next day! My ringer doesn't ring very loud even when it is on the loudest setting! its annoying!