One day she came in and sat down at the table while I was fixing dinner. She was mumbling something to herself. Here was the conversation:
Mom: "What are you talking about?"
Hazel:"The mysteries of God."
Mom: "Where did you learn about the mysteries of God?"
Hazel:"From Daddy."
Mom: "What are the mysteries of God?
Hazel:"They are treasures."
Wow! I think she may have something to that 3 year old insight.
_____________________________________________
The other day while Hazel was sitting at the kitchen table finishing up her dinner I started to wipe the table off. I showed her how I wipe the table by putting my hand underneath of it and wipe all the crumbs into my hand with the dish rag and then throw the crumbs into the garbage. I did this to show her that it is easier for me to clean up the table than to have her throw it all on the floor and then re-sweep the floor too. Shortly there after she was standing on the stool next to the counter as we made cupcakes together. I looked over as she grabbed one of the dish towels and proceeded to gently wipe the little bits of powdered sugar off the counter into her hands. I had to smile!
________________________________________________
Hazel: "Mom this is my tushion." (holding up a pillow)
Mom: "Oh you mean your cushion."
Hazel: "No my tushion."
I reach over and playfully pinch her bottom. "I think this is your tushion."
Hazel: "I call that my bun."
In the words of my Mom, "Aren't kids great???"
4 comments:
Love it.. (tushion especially). I also loved the Belle popcorn :-)
Hazel you are a treasure!! We love you very much.
Is there anything in the world that can replace love a chld brings into our lives? ...I think not.
Love these! She is so sweet! I was so glad to be able to talk to you the other night.
Oh my gosh, yes they are!! Hazel is such a cutie!!! I am sad that I am missing all of this!! She is so grown up...and profound! I love the mysteries of God story!!
Post a Comment