Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Lion and Tin Man had to try on the costumes to make sure that they fit just right for the big ward party tomorrow. They also got to wear them to preschool Wednesday for a Halloween party. I cannot get Kimball to go anywhere without wearing his Tin Man boots.



There are only 3 pumpkins here because I was so busy helping Hazel with her pumpkin that I only got the inside of my pumpkin cleaned out. It still sits by the rest of the pumpkin family as a faceless member. I will try to finish it up tonight so that our pumpkin crew can be out on the steps all day tomorrow.


Kimball of course was great at cleaning all the seeds out of his pumpkin. We gave him a big spoon and put him to work on the kitchen floor. Although, he had such a hard time with the fact that he was not allowed to use the sharp knife to carve the pumpkin himself.









Hazel had to draw her face on her pumpkin, but there was no way to cut out what she had drawn.


Hazel had a hard time with getting all of the pumpkin insides on her hands. She doesn't like her hands messy, but she was not about to miss all the fun either.







A pregnant pumpkin! You've got to see this to believe it.




When we cut the top off of Hazel's pumpkin this little green leaf curled out. It is a pumpkin seed that sprouted within the pumpkin. It even had roots already on it. I wonder if it would have been left long enough if another pumpkin would have grown inside of it. HAHAHA


Here is a picture that Andrew took of the kids while they were cleaning up the leaves. They had leaves everywhere.

8 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug and Mallena said...

Hi Becky! I found your blog after I confirmed being Andrew's friend on Facebook. It's been fun to peek at what you've been up to lately. Your kids are DARLING! How could they not be with you as their momma?

Are you still teaching? I'd love to hear from you!

Yorgasons said...

How fun!!! We didn't carve pumpkins this year...how lame is that. We just waited to long, now all the pumpkins in the store are ugly. I kept waiting til Kyle could come with us and it just never happened. Sad but true, next year we do it before its too late.

Kim said...

Way to go on the costumes, they look great. Are you going to be Dorthy and Andrew the Wizard??
Pumpkins look like so much fun too. I wanted to do that so bad, but we have the same excuse as Lisa. We put it off way too long. Have a happy Halloween. Love ya.

Melanie said...

Cute costumes!! That picture of the leaves is adorable! Don't you just love fall? So many fun things.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christie said...

Love the costumes.. great job! Too bad my kids were having so much fun playing that they could not be bothered by the pumpkin carving project.

susan said...

Cute costumes!! They look so cute. Have a Happy Halloween and fun trick-or-treating time.