Monday, October 26, 2009

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
-Robert Frost









Family Home Evening for me tonight was a moment of "They grow up too fast." I have the greatest little family!
(sorry about the picture overload)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Beck those are the cutest pictures. The kids look like they are having a BLAST...I have so many leaves that needed raked up, but now have a few inches of snow on them...oh well! I have been slacking lately!!! What a fun family night...you do have a great little family.

Carmen said...

Love abounds where it is planted....you and Andrew have created a wonderful little family. What a fun family night!!

Leslie said...

Becky...I saw the title of your post from Julie (Christensen's) blog and had to read. I love that poem! (and this time of year). Loved your pictures. Hope you and Andrew and kids are doing well.
Leslie (Clements)

Connie said...

Unfortunately, nothing young will save and they're grown all too quickly. Do you remember the poem on the embroidered picture I had hanging on the wall?

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow.
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cob-webs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby.
And babies don't keep."

When moms are in the middle of the day to day (and night to night) work of raising the little characters, it is sometimes hard to cherish the moments. It makes my heart sing to see you enjoy so many fun times with the kids.

Tami said...

Sweet pictures!!!!!!!