Thursday, October 15, 2009

Swine Flu

Sorry for the lack of posts from our way. Kimball has been sick for a week with what we think is the H1N1 virus. He has been VERY sick. For three days all he did was lay in front of the TV with a fever and watch movies. He wouldn't even eat. 3 kids in his class (2 sit at his same table) had H1N1, so although he hasn't been officially diagnosed with it we are 95% sure that would be the diagnosis if we were to take him into the doctor. When I called the Dr. office to ask if we needed to bring him in to be tested or if it would even make a difference to have a diagnosis. The nurse told me that they are not even testing for H1N1 anymore, they just figure that any child that comes in with the similar symptoms they are calling it H1N1. So other than coughing so hard at night that he cannot breath, and a rough little voice, he seems to be on the mend. He no longer coughs all days long, and he seems to be back to his regular pester-his-sister-self, so we know he is feeling much better.
The pits of it all was. . . I was planning on taking him into the doctor to get his regular flu & H1N1 vaccine on Friday, and he got sick Thursday night.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Sorry your little guy is sick. I hear that's one wicked flu. Hope no one else in the family gets it! Love you!

Shelley Bowman said...

yuck. We think we have the same thing. I'm ready for it to be over!

Yorgasons said...

THat really stinks!! I am glad he is on the mend!! They don't have the H1N1 shots here yet but my kids got the regular flu shot. Hazels bday party looks like soooo much fun!! It is all sooo adorable!! Good job Becky!