Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Catching Up!

Last week we went to Idaho for the week, so here is a quick synopsis of our trip.

HOLBROOK, ID

We stayed two days last week with Aunt Heather and Uncle Blaine. They live in Holbrook, a little dwelling just west of Malad. (Notice that I called it a dwelling because it is a small farming community. They don't even have a store.) However, we loved being at Heather's house and spending time with her and Blaine. The kids enjoyed seeing the deer jump across the road as we were leaving to go to Rexburg.

SICK

Hazel was sick before we left for Idaho. I thought that she would get over it, but she didn't, she got worse. Heather and I took the kids to Community Care in Rexburg on Thursday morning after a rough night. Hazel kept crying during the night "ouchie" and rubbing her ears. The diagnosis was. . . double ear infection, RSV, and croup.

I'm not really sure that all of that was correct, but after pneumonia was ruled out with chest x-rays I felt much better.














Both Kimball and Hazel were put on antibiotics and had to have breathing treatments twice a day. Luckily Grandpa Black was able to finally convince Hazel that she looked like and astronaut and could sit on his lap for the breathing treatment. (There was no way that she would have been convinced without his persuasion.)



FISHING

Did I mention that my sexy doctor husband was off fishing in Northern Idaho for Steel head all week? It was a bit stressful to have him gone while the kids were so sick and needed so much attention, but he had a great time. He hooked like very beautiful fish, not that we would know because he is some kind of fish philanthropist and lets them all swim free. Go figure. . . (I would have posted a picture or two of his fish, but he has them stored on his jump drive that is conveniently hung around his neck at work for easy access to show off, and I can't find them anywhere on the computer.)


Addedndum: He got home from work and made me post a couple of pictures of the big fish he caught. More pictures of more fish are available upon request (he made me say that!)

5 comments:

mallena said...

Aren't grandpas the best! I'm sorry that your kids were so sick. Some fun vacation! Hopefully they're doing better now.

Kim said...

Oh man Becky, I'm sorry you have such sick kids. It's always harder when you're at someone elses house too. Hope they are feeling better.

Yorgasons said...

Holy Huge Fish!!! Wow!! That is awesome...but not awesome that the kids were sick all week on your little get away!! I am so sorry Becky!! We are all too familiar with the breathing treatments around here. Man, RSV and croup...that is crazy!! Poor Hazel!! But i am glad you were able to see your family!! A little dwelling outside of Malad sounds quaint!! Is your brother in law farming out there? I don't remember! I am glad you "got a way" and I am glad Andrew got to relax!!

Heather Bird said...

Beck, Even with sick kids and all you still look like one sexy mom!! How do you do it? You will have to tell me your secret sometime ;) It was still fun to spend time together. thanks for coming to visit, next time it will be better! Oh and Andrew sweet fish to bad we never see them...hahaha Love ya Heather

The McEwans said...

That is SO sad! How do you get all those illnesses at the same time? BRUTAL! She looks so cute and sad with her breathing mask on. ...Oh and tell Andrew - nice fish!