Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Little Mobster

Alright I have to admit that I am at it again. I waited about one day after finishing to start the Twilight series again. I don't know what is wrong with me. I finished Twilight for the second time and am currently reading New Moon again. Andrew cannot believe that he has me lost again to these books. However, I am not as obsessed this time around. . . I mean I can actually put them down to have a conversation with him now and then. Now that I know how everything turns out the suspense is not killing me. Oh well I'm sure that I will have them all finished again in the next month. I think by then I will have enough Edward to tide me over for a few months. Although I will have to make a stop by the beauty supply store soon because I tend to use A LOT of hairspray. (I just really like my hair to stay in place. wink wink)
___________________________________________________
So on Sunday Andrew had this idea that Kimball needed his hair buzzed right then, about 15 minutes before church. Well he cannot complain about my armature haircutting jobs from the past because his turned out much worse. I told him that he didn't have time to cut his hair before church because Kimball needed to eat before leaving. Next thing I hear is. . . "Are we missing one of the guards to this razor." I was running around trying to get everything ready for my primary lesson as fast as I could, so I didn't pay any attention to him. Well a few minutes later I hear a conversation about how he wants Kimball to not move the towel because he doesn't want hair all over his church clothes. About 5 minutes later the two of them emerge from the bathroom as Andrew says, "It's a little short, but it will grow." As we walk into church Kimball is parading up the isle with his newly shaved head and a pair of tennis shoes on because his black church shoes were not to be found. I am stomping in with steam coming out my ears rather embarrassed that my son now looks like a mobster. (This of course is all in addition to his Spiderman tattoo right on his face from a birthday party the day before.) I'm sure it won't look so bad in a few weeks when it grows out, but he looks rather intimidating right now.

Here are a few pictures of Kimball practicing fish fly fishing cast out on the front lawn with Andrew's new fly rod. I'm not sure why the bottom of this one is kind of blurry. I am still learning how to work my camera and need to learn some more about photography in general.


(Notice Kimball's beautiful thick dark hair.)














Andrew taught Kimball how to climb out huge cherry tree in the back yard. Everyday now he just wants to go out and climb. I was able to get a few good shots of him the other day.
(Here is his mobster hair cut.) See what I mean about intimidating! Tomorrow is Kindergarten registration, I think I'm going to have him wear his hat.


9 comments:

Melanie said...

He doesn't look like a mobster! He is cute. Boy hair grows back pretty fast! Kindergarten registration is so sad! Just wait until his first day. You can download some Twilight accessories for your blog at thecuteblogontheblock.

Kim said...

Oh Becky, he still looks cute. Brandon did that to Logan right before we moved to Iowa so I definately can understand the upset. I love Twilight, glad you're getting your second dose:)

L and T said...

Becky-
bald is beautiful

The Church's said...

He looks so grown up. Those pictures of him with Andrew's new fly rod are awesome. I think some of Courts favorite pictures of Tatum are the ones with her fishing. Go figure! Can you believe it is already Kindergarten registration, I cant. Tatum's is on Monday and I'll probally cry.

Doug and Mallena said...

You make me laugh! I have to agree with everyone else though, he does look cute.

Just Only Me said...

Speaking of Twilight..come to my party!! I'm decorating with the Vampire theme and watching that incredibly horrible wonderful movie with all my gal pals. I wish we lived closer so we could get together and talk about the books. Miss you!

All about the Snow's said...

Becky, he still looks adorable. Nate cuts the boys hair at our house and he has given them some pretty terrible hair-dos. Luckily with boys it's not as big of a deal and it grows quickly. Oh and to anwers the question you left on my blog. I use a Nikon D80. It is a great camera/toy. If your looking for a camera I highly recomend the D80

Yorgasons said...

Yeah, but when he smiles that smile of his...he looks just the same!! Cute as can be!! I am glad that you are into twilight now!! The second time around it was a lot easier for me to put them down too!! Movie comes out on DVD March 21, don't forget!!

The McEwans said...

OH, husbands!!! He has the cutest face! I almost like him with hardly any hair better! He is a beautiful child!!!