Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Peanut Butter Playdough

Here is one of our favorite things to make. It is so much fun, and the kids love to help.

Ingredients: creamy peanut butter, honey, powdered sugar, powdered milk.
Variations:
*cocoa can be added for chocolate-peanut butter playdough
* add oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.




Step 1: Put 1 cup creamy peanut butter in a bowl.






Step 2: Add 1 cup of honey.











Step 3: Add 1 cup powdered sugar.

Step 4: Add 1 cup powdered milk. (Note: powderd milk can make the playdough grainy so more powdered sugar can be used instead. However, I use the powdered milk because I fingure it is better for them than the sugar.)







Step 5: Mix, Mix, and Mix










Step 6: Knead until it is smooth. (This is messy so it is probably best for Mom to knead.)





Step 7: Eat and Play!!! Have fun making some great creations, and enjoy a taste every now and then. We also added animal crackers and graham crackers to make it more fun.

4 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Becky that looks like so much fun and sooo yummy!! Too bad Ben is allergic...DARN!!! Because Edible play dough would be a hit with Annie. Maybe I could use his nasty sunbutter that he never eats! hahaha!

Liz said...

I love the variations that you can add. I will have to try that.
It was fun to hear Sea Wolf on your blog too. David loves them.

Doug and Mallena said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it sometime.

Unknown said...

I'm going to try your recipe for PB Playdough. Thanks for posting it! Loved the music on your blog too!